Botanical Characteristics of Damask Rose
Damask Rose Essential Oil: Damask Rose, a shrub belonging to the Rosaceae family, can reach heights of up to 2 m. It is recognizable by its thorny flowering branches and cylindrical-shaped stems bearing pink to purplish flowers, alongside smooth and glossy leaves.
Among the approximately 5,000 recognized species of this genus, Damask Rose is a semi-evergreen variety, while evergreen species are rarely found in this genus. Moreover, only a limited number of specimens are fragrant.
This particular botanical species can be characterized as a semi-evergreen shrub, and it is noteworthy that evergreen varieties are rarely found in this genus. Of the approximately 5,000 recognized cultivars in this botanical family, only a limited number exhibit aromatic properties.
This particular Damask Rose species can be categorized two hybryd types, Rose Canina and Rose Gallica; or alternatively, some believe it to be a hybrid, such as Rose Moschata and Rose Gallica.
This plant species is distributed across regions in Iran, Turkey, and Asia Minor.
Distribution in Iran
Cultivation of Damask Rose is observed in various Iranian regions, including Kashan, Kerman, Meymand in Fars province, Layzangan, Darab, Tabriz, Isfahan, and areas characterized by temperate to cold climates.
What is Damask Rose Essential Oil?
Damask Rose Essential Oil
Damask Rose Essential Oil is extracted through the distillation of freshly harvested Rosa Damascena and Rosa Damascena flowers which belong to the Rosaceae family.
This essential oil can be found in a semi-solid form, which is a yellow substance with crystalline formations at typical temperatures.
The crystalline component, referred to as Stearoptene, is solid lacks any discernible odor, and melts at 32°C. The liquid portion of the rose oil is known as Oleoptene.
It has a strong, pleasant aroma and a subtly sweet taste.
The primary constituents of rose essential oil include Geraniol (C10 H18 O, 45-70%) and Citronellol (C12 H20 O, 20-40%), both existing in liquid form with a gentle and highly enjoyable fragrance.
Additionally, the liquid segment of rose essential oil contains Farnesol, Citral, Nonylic aldehyde, Nerol, Linalool, Eugenol, Citral, and various other compounds.
Maelki Commercial exports the best Damask Rose Essential Oil with highly effective and completely organic compounds to Asia, Europe, and America.
Products of Damask Rose Essential Oil
- Rose Water Ointment
- Stronger Rose Water
- Concentrated Rose Water
Industrial Process for Producing Damask Rose Essential Oil
- To create Damask Rose essential oil on an industrial scale, fresh rose blossoms, harvested from the fields, are transported to processing facilities in refrigerated trucks.
- In these processing facilities, after being weighed, the freshly harvested rose blossoms are poured into distillation tanks and securely sealed.
- Each distillation tank can hold 500 kg of fresh roses and 1500 L of water.
- The combination of water and fresh rose blossoms is heated by steam pipes coiled around the tank, containing water vapor, which is located beneath the distillation vessel.
- The necessary steam for the distillation process is generated by another apparatus designed to produce high-pressure steam.
- In the subsequent stage, the water inside the vessel initiates boiling, carrying the essential oil along with it.
- The steam, along with the Damask Rose essential oil, is directed into a cooling system, where it is cooled by moving water and transformed into a liquid form.
- The resulting mixture, consisting of water and essential oil, is gathered in Florentine flasks, each with a capacity of 200 L.
- The initial distillation process takes around 1 to 1.5 hours and yields approximately 25 to 30 g of green or first oil.
- The first oil has a relatively slight fragrance, but it tends to deteriorate over time while maintaining a longer-lasting scent.
Production of Second Oil
- To obtain the second type of essential oil, the rose water derived from the initial distillation is introduced into a heat chamber.
- The distillation for the second essential oil is carried out in a separate vessel, where the residue experiences heating. The resulting vapor from this distillation process reaches the essential oil collection unit.
- At this stage, the essential oil is separated, while the remaining liquid is reintroduced into the distillation cycle. This process is repeated until all the essential oil is separated from the rose residue.
- This stage takes approximately 1 -1.5 hours and yields yellow-colored essential oil or the second type of essential oil.
- The second essential oil is highly aromatic but has a shorter lifespan.
- The rarest and most valuable form of Damask Rose essential oil is Liquid Gold, which is obtained by combining the first and second types of essential oil.
- This essential oil can be used in cosmetics, perfumery, pharmaceuticals, and the food industry.
- It is renowned worldwide as “Liquid Gold” due to its highly abundant fragrance.
- From every three tons of fresh Damask Rose blossoms, 1 kg of Liquid Gold is obtained.
Properties of Damask Rose Essential Oil
- Anxiolytic (Anxiety-reducing)
- Skin rejuvenating
- Treatment for skin blemishes
- Acne and skin disease treatment
- Alleviates joint inflammation
- Enhances sexual power
Price of Damask Rose Essential Oil in Iran
Maleki Commercial exports the pure, and organic Damask Rose essential oil at the best price under the brand “Eliso Sky” to Europe, Asia, and America, garnering high customer satisfaction.
Damask Rose Essential Oil Supplier in Iran
Maleki Commercial has dedicated extensive areas to the cultivation of this plant for the commercial production of organic essential oils. The cultivation is carried out according to international standards under the supervision of international experts and without the use of chemical fertilizers. The roses are carefully cultivated and undergo advanced extraction processes to obtain the essential oil.
Customer satisfaction and a commitment to selling high-quality, organic, and natural essential oils are considered in this Company’s Commercial statute.
The essential oils produced by Maleki Commercial are including:
- Organic First Oil
- Organic Second Oil
- Organic Liquid Gold
- Natural First Oil
- Natural Second Oil
- Natural Liquid Gold
- Natural water-soluble Essential Oil
- Organic water-soluble Essential Oil
Exporter of Damask Rose Essential Oil in Iran
Maleki Commercial, considering the buyers’ demand for the highest quality Damask Rose essential oil in three types – First, Second Essential Oil, and Liquid Gold, exports them as EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, and CIF.
International and Global Export of Damask Rose Essential Oil
Maleki Commercial exports the finest quality Damask Rose essential oil, including Liquid Gold, First Type, Second Type, Water-Soluble, and Oil-Soluble, with high levels of active ingredients in both organic and natural forms directly to various markets without intermediaries.