What is dorema Ammoniacum (Gum Ammoniacum?)
It is a resinous gum excreted from Dorema Ammoniacum D.Don plants belong to Apiaceae family.
Gum Ammoniacum (Dorema Gum)
- Scientific name: Dorema Ammoniacum D. Done
- English name: Gum Ammoniacum, Dorema, Amoniac, Dorema Ammoniacum
- German name: Ammoniakpflanze
- French name: Doreme Amoniac
- Arabic name: shajarat-al-ashagh, voshaj, lazagh-al-zahab
- Persian name: vosha, voshagh, coma candle, ashagh, ooshagh
- Traditional medicine name: ooshagh, voshagh, vosha, ooshe.
Dorema gum chemical composition
The gum includes Arabinose, Rhamnose, Glucuronic Acid, polysaccharides, essential oil and Amorzinol.
Global geographical distribution
It is native and specific (exclusive) to Iran and grows in desert regions with lime soil.
Geographical distribution in Iran
Dorema Ammoniacum is self-growing plant in Yazd, Sistan-va-Baluchestan, Isfahan, Semnan, Fars, Kerman and Khorasan provinces.
Medical and therapeutically properties of Dorema Gum
- Sex appetite enhancer
- Bronchitis remedy
- Liver block remedy
- Rheumatism pain releif
- Asthma and dry cought treat.
Dorema Ammoniacum (Dorema gum) global export
Maleki commercial is the biggest global exporter of the gum from this wild and specific plant with highest active substances, best quality and price among all exporting companies. This big commercial has gain an incredible success in offering this rare medicinal plant to different countries. If you need this precious high quality plant, you can order standard and confident packages with high level of trust.