What is flixweed?
plant flixweed : Flixweed (Descurainia Sophia L. Webb & Berth) belongs to the Cruciferae family. It’s one of the most popular plants on the market.
- Scientific: Descurainia Sophia (L.) Webb & Berth
- English: Flixweed, Hedge Mustard, Flixweed Tansy Mustard, London Rocket
- French: Sisymbre, Herb De St Sophis
- Traditional medicine: Khabe, Bazrolkhamkham, Shaftare, Toodari
- Persian: Khakshir, Khakshi, Shalam B.
- Arabic: Khabe
The herbaceous flixweed may be an annual or perennial, growing 80 to 100 cm tall. The leaves are basal, 2 to 3-lobed, with linear and long petioles. The other type of leaves are the stem leaves, which are almost without petioles. The fruit reaches a length of 35 cm with a standing or curved silique and nearly knotted. The inflorescence of the fruit is broad or straight – ascending and is in a tall, cluster-like inflorescence. The seeds are bicolored, reddish and dark red, the taste is a little bitter. Also, the flowers of this plant are yellow.
This plant contains mucilage, essential oil, and fatty acids, including linolenic acid, linoleic acid, oleic acid, stearic acid, and palmitic acid.
Seeds, flowers, and leaves
This plant grows in Iran, India, Pakistan, China, North Africa, and Europe.
Spread in Iran
There are plants growing along roads, in agricultural fields and gardens in Mazandaran, Gorgan, Gilan, Azerbaijan, Kermanshah, Kurdistan, Fars, Khorasan, Semnan, Tehran, etc. provinces.
Ecology of cultivation
To grow well, the plant requires sunlight, a relatively rich soil with good drainage, and a neutral or alkaline soil.
- The cultivation of this plant is by sowing seeds.
- Sowing is done in autumn or spring, depending on the growing climate.
- Before sowing, you should weed and strengthen the soil with suitable fertilizer.
- Mature seeds are planted at regular intervals in moist and light soil.
- The leaves or stems are harvested between June and September.
- Seeds are harvested from August to September.
Flixweed can be dried in two natural ways: in the shade or with a machine at a temperature of 40 to 50oC.
The seeds should be kept in cloth bags and the leaves in closed containers.
- Parasite repellent
- Treatment of measles
- Treatment of scars
- Treatment of urticaria
- Treatment of constipation
- Treatment of asthma
- Treatment of sciatica
- Lowering of the blood sugar level
- Treatment of wounds and injuries
- Removal of kidney stones
- Treatment of kidney inflammation
- Treatment of skin inflammations
- Prevention of heat strokes
Directions for use
Method of use
Pour f flixweed (30 gr) in 300 ml of cold or boiling water and drink it.
- Digestive disorders
Note: Please consult your doctor before using this herbal plant to treat the disease.
Maleki Commercial, the largest exporter of Flixweed
Maleki Commercial is the largest direct exporter of flixweed in Iran and Asia. This company
exports the best quality of this plant as per the buyer’s requirement in the form of EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, CIF.
Supplier of Flixweed in Iran
According to buyer’s requirement, Maleki Commercial exports the best quality of Flixweed in the form of EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, CIF.
Global export of flixweed
Maleki commercial is one of the leading global exporters of flixweed that have the most effective ingredients and best quality and price among other companies that export this plant. This holding has been very successful in exporting this plant to different countries without
You can rely on this company to provide the best quality products in safe and standardized packaging when you need this kind of high-quality export.
Flixweed price in Iran
Maleki Commercial exports plant flixweed at the best price and quality under the brand Elisso Sky to the United States, Europe, and Asia and has already attracted numerous customers.