What is vanilla?
Vanilla is a plant with the scientific name Vanilla Fragrans Amaes from the family of orchids (Orchidaceae), belonging to fragrant medicinal plants that are used in various industries.
- Vanilla is a perennial, climbing orchid from Central America. This plant has thick, fleshy, oblong, ovate-oblong or elliptic, pointed leaves, narrowed at the base and alternate on succulent stems. The plant has 5 to 15-vein leaves, thyrsoid, a green floral envelop with lanceolate-oblong pieces 5 cm in length, an obscurely three-loaded tip of the lip with a length of 5 cm. The capsule is elongated and narrowly cylindrical.
- Vanilla is an herbaceous perennial vine that climbs to a height of 100 meters and can reach the highest height of large forest trees.
- The aromatic substance of vanilla is obtained from the fruit of the plant, found in the shape of a bean pod, picked, and dried before it is fully ripe.
- The fruits are not aromatic when picking, but they produce a pleasant vanilla scent during drying and processing.
- The greenish-yellow flowers form in axillary racemes and are around 15-20 in each cluster.
- Natural pollination is impossible because of a specific tissue in the flower that actually covers the stem (called the rostellum). Thus, pollination should be done manually by separating the issue b hand.
- Pollination is naturally done by insects, but since there not enough insects for the natural process, artificial pollination seems necessary to have enough yield.
- The best quality of vanilla is obtained from pods 15-25 cm long and 10-12 mm in diameter.
- The product is green at the time of harvest but later darkens.
- The pods are usually immersed in boiling water at 60-65 degrees for 2-3 minutes after harvesting. Then they are placed in a double-walled box with wool used to fill the space between the walls and sealed for 24 hours. This box is a natural hothouse in which some kind of fermentation takes place during 24 hours.
- The pods are taken out after fermentation and hung one meter above the ground level to dry completely with the heat from the sun.
- Throughout drying, which takes a week, the pods changes in color from green to brown, and from brown to dark brown and black.
- The pods begin to wither after completely softened. The withered pods are transferred to the hothouse and left there for 2-3 months until their humidity reaches 30-40%.
This plant grows in hot and humid regions of the world in India, Mexico, South America, and Madagascar.
Distribution in Iran
This plant is imported to Iran.
- Vanilla Powder
Equal quantities of vanilla and crushed sugar are placed into a spice grinder or iron mortar and completely ground into a fine powder. Then, the mixture is passed through a sieve. The pulp is then mixed with an equal amount of sugar, crushed, sieved, and blended.
- Vanilla Tablet
Vanilla tablets are made by grinding and mixing 30 g of vanilla, 200 g of sugar, and 2 g of Gum Arabic with water.
- Vanilla Syrup
To prepare vanilla syrup, 52 units of crushed vanilla are soaked in 400 units of alcohol at 35 degrees for 4 days, followed by Bain Marie bath at 70 ͦ C for 2 hours. The mixture is then cooled down and filtered to mix 15 units with 8 units of crushed sugar, followed by putting the mixture in Bain Marie, letting it cool down, and filtering.
Industries Using Vanilla
- Chocolate making
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Cigarette tobacco
- Perfume making
- Wound healing
Note: Please consult your doctor before using this herb for therapeutic purposes mentioned above.
Maleki Commercial: The Largest Importer of Vanilla
Maleki Commercial is the largest importer of vanilla in Iran and Asia. Maleki Commercial imports the best quality of vanilla in the form of EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, and CIF according to the customers’ demands.
You can contact our consultants for bulk purchase.
Supplier of Vanilla in Iran
Maleki Commercial imports the best quality of vanilla in the form of EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, and CIF according to the customers’ demands.
Global Exports of Vanilla
Maleki Commercial is the global exporter of vanilla with the most active ingredients and the best quality and price among all companies exporting this plant. This holding has achieved great success in exporting this plant to various countries without intermediaries.
If you require export vanilla of the highest quality, you can confidently provide it from Maleki Commercial with safe and standard packaging.
The Price of Vanilla in Iran
Maleki Commercial exports the best quality of vanilla to Europe, Asia, and the United States under the Elisso Sky brand, meeting customers’ expectations and satisfaction.