Galbanum resin has a strong odor and an astringent, bitter and unpleasant taste. Galbanum standard of Iran is determined by the standard institute.
Galbanum resin chemical composition
Galbanum resin has a strong odor and an astringent, bitter and unpleasant taste. It forms and emulsion with water easily so that 25% dissolves in water. Galbanum averagely contains 9.5% essential oil, 63.5% resin and 27% gum. The quality of Galbanum is determined by the ash which should not be higher than 10%.
Galbanum standard of Iran
Galbanum standard of Iran which is determined by the standard institute uses scientific references below:
- Em- Perrot, Matieres Premieres Usuelles Du Rengna Vegetal Tome Ii- 1944
- Precis De Matere Medicale T.Ii Planchon- P. Bretin P. Manceou 1946
- Traite De Matiere Meddicale Herail
- Drovalt La Nonvelle Officine 1955
- Pharmacapoea Helvetica Edition- Guinta 1949
- Index Merck & Eme Edi 1935
- Precis De Matiere Medicate I Golse 1955