Botanical Characteristics of Mango
The mango tree grows up to 35-40 meters. The leaves of the tree are simple, rectangular, shiny, and light green. The mango is an irregular, egg-shaped, and sweet fruit which is a fleshy drupe. Mango flowers are white gathered in very large panicles of 10-40 cm.
What is Mango?
Mango is a plant of the Anacardiaceae family with the scientific name of Mangifera Indica L.
Where does Mango Grow?
This plant is native to Southeast Asia, Malaysia, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Malta and grows in southern Iran and other parts of tropical Asia.
Mange Chemical Compounds
The mango seed kernel is a rich source of fatty acids, tannins, carbohydrates, and gallic acid. This fruit contains mangin, mangiferin, puree, benzoic acid, citric acid, and tannins.
Therapeutic Information of Mango
This fruit is a source of vitamins A, B, E, and C, folic acid, potassium, and magnesium. 165 grams of mango pulp contains 18% of vitamin A, 20% of copper, and 61% of vitamin C. A fresh mango fruit provides the body with daily energy needs.
Miraculous Properties of Mango Leaves
- Lowering blood pressure
- Useful for diabetic patients
- Healing burns
- Treatment of dysentery
- Hair growth·
- Treatment of respiratory problems
- Burnt leaves are used to remove warts and stop bleeding
Grinding a mixture of mango leaves and flowers strengthens the gums and teeth.
How to Prepare Mango Leaf Tea
Add some mango leaves into half a liter of boiling water and brew it. Strain the tea before drinking.
Therapeutic Properties of Mango in Traditional Medicine
- Mango root and skin are astringent.
- Dried flowers are useful for dysentery and gonorrhea.
- The tea made by its skin is useful for the menstrual bleeding treatment.
- The skin of the fruit improves digestion.
- The mango seed kernel is useful for hemorrhoids treatment.
- Mango seed powder is anti-worm.
- It is appetizing.
- Mango treats anemia.
- It has ani-parasite effects.
- Mango treats indigestion by having some enzymes such as papain.
- It has antiseptic properties and is useful for the treatment of stomach infections.
- It is useful for women during menstruation and pregnancy due to its high iron content.
- Its gum is used to treat syphilis.
- Its fruit boosts the stomach, esophagus, and kidneys.
- The paste from its kernel powder is useful for burn treatment.
- Mango is useful for cancer prevention, particularly gallbladder cancer, because of its antioxidant compounds.
- The incense of its leaves is used to treat lung problems.
- Its seed kernel is used to treat severe colds.
- Mango kernel is used in confectionery.
Note: Mango does not belong to herbal products.
Maleki Commercial is the Largest Exporter of Medicinal Herbs
Maleki Commercial is the largest exporter of medicinal herbs, essential oils, gums, ad dates to Asia, Africa, America, Europe, and Australia and exports its products in the form of EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, and CIF, resulting in customers’ satisfaction worldwide.