What is small globe thistle?
Small globe thistle is a plant with the scientific name of Echinops Rirtro L from the Asteraceae (Compositae) family.
Small globe thistle names
- Scientific: Echinops Rirtro L, Echinops Persicus Stev. Et Fisch, Echinops Cephalotes
- English: Globe Thistle, Small Globe Thistle, Globethistle, Southern Thistle
- French: Echinope, Echiope
- German: Kugeldistel, Russische
- Italian: Echinops Minore
- Traditional medicine: Shekar Tighal
- Persian: Tihal, Shekar Tighal
Characteristics of small globe thistle
It is a perennial plant with the thinly coriaceous leaves and sparse hairs or glabrous in some parts; the deeply and irregularly dissected green leaves; and the pale blue and globose flowers at the stem tip.
Characteristics of small globe thistle manna
- The manna of small globe thistle is produced by the gall of a black insect called Larinus Maculatus (Larinus Onopordi), which lives on a plant called Echinops Candidus.
- This black insect produces the cocoon that forms after the insect bites on the plant.
- This cocoon is yellowish white, white flower (Craie), oval shape and 2 cm long.
- After cocooning, the insect traps itself in the cocoon. In some cases, the insect life ends, and the larvae turns into an insect. It then pierces the cocoon and comes out.
- In some cases, small globe thistles, which are the insect cocoon, may be inside the insect after the collection.
- Fresh small globe thistles are a little sweet and old small globe thistles are less sweet and taste like starch.
- The larva (worm) of the insect producing this cocoon is usually called Shirazi Tighal and the cocoon is called Shekar Tighal.
The small globe thistle plant grows in Iran, Europe, Central Asia, Siberia, western China, the Caucasus, and the mountains of Turkmenistan.
Distribution in Iran
This plant grows in Kurdistan, West Azerbaijan, Alborz and Damavand slopes, Golpayegan, Shiraz and Kerman.
Medicinal-therapeutic properties of small globe thistle manna
- Gastrointestinal balancer
- Treatment of severe cough
- Throat clearing
- Relieve dry throat
- Chest laxative
Note: Please consult your physician before using manna of small globe thistle for the disease treatment.
Small globe thistle species
- Echinops Sabzevarensis Mozaff.
- Echinops Robustus Bunge.
- Echinops Ritrodes Bunge.
- Echinops Mosulensis rech F.
- Echinops Aucheri Boiss.
- Echinops Cephalotes DC.
- Echinops Jesdianus Boiss & Buhse.
- Echinops Chorassanicus Bunge.
- Echinops Ilicifolius Bunge.
- Echinops Heteromorphus Bunge.
- Echinops Haussknechtii Boiss.
- Echinops Gedrosiacus Bornm.
Maleki Commercial Company: largest exporter of small globe thistle
Maleki Commercial Company is the largest direct exporter of small globe thistle in Iran and Asia. Maleki Commercial Company exports the best quality of this plant according to the customer needs in the form of EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, CIF.
Small globe thistle supplier in Iran
Maleki Commercial Company exports the best quality of small globe thistle according to the customer needs in the form of EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAT, DAP, FOB, FAC, CFR, CIF.
Global export of small globe thistle
Maleki Commercial Company is the global exporter of small globe thistle with the highest active ingredients and the best quality and price among all companies exporting this plant. This holding company has achieved great success in exporting this plant species to various countries without intermediaries.
If you need this high-quality export species, you can confidently get the best quality from Maleki Commercial Company with safe and standard packaging.
Small globe thistle price in Iran
Maleki Commercial Company exports the best quality of small globe thistle under the Elisso Sky brand to Europe, Asia, and the United States, and has gained many customers’ satisfaction.